All is not lost!
Data recovery is an integral service that Discovery Computers offers to home and business clients. It seems at the most inconvenient time, files are lost or corrupted. Generally the failure can be categorized as resulting from physical damage or logical corruption. Physical damage includes moisture or heat exposure, shock or force, power surges, and defective components. Logical corruption includes virus intrusion, operating system failure, software corruption and broken RAID array configurations.
Thankfully there often is a route to recovery! It can take time but the results are often very positive! Data recovery is challenging and time consuming and while some drive damage is worse than others, many issues however take very little time!
A few of the Data Recovery & Restoration issues Discovery can help you resolve!
- Recovery of deleted or corrupted files
- Retrieve precious photos, videos files and music
- Recover lost files from hard drives, memory cards and USB sticks
- Crashed Hard Drive Recovery
- Accidental Deletion Recovery
- Accidental Formatting Recovery
- Failed RAID Server Recovery
- Failed External Storage Device Recovery
- Transfer files to a new computer, Flash drive or External/Internal hard drive.
Our data recovery service can help you recover lost files, photos, music, videos and more. Bring your PC or laptop to our office and we will complete a consultation with you. We will ask you to identify the files and where they were stored. After reviewing your computer we will try and recover the files. The recovered files will be transferred to a new hard drive or flash drive. We can supply this too. We will return your old hard drive/memory and walk you through what was done during the service. We will even recommend back up options for peace of mind!
What causes data loss?
Data recovery may become necessary for a wide variety of reasons, but generally the failure can be categorized as resulting from physical damage or logical corruption.
- Moisture contact or penetration
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Variations in humidity
- Shock or force sustained
- Defective mechanical or electronic components
- Spike or surge in power source
- Degrading read/write heads
- File System formatted
- Operating System reinstalled
- Files deleted or recycled
- Software (ScanDisk, CheckDisk, Defrag)
- Virus intrusion
- Broken or corrupted RAID array configuration
We’ll ask you to identify the files and where they were stored.
After reviewing the device we’ll arrange for the files to be recovered. The recovered files will be transferred to a new hard drive or flash drive. If a new hard drive or flash drive is required we can arrange for this too. We’ll return your old hard drive/memory and walk you through what was done during the service.